Thursday, July 12, 2007

Our backpacking trip

We were visited by a young buck and a doe at our campsite a few times. Even though we tied our food up in the tree during the night, the deer still found things to eat. They ate our spit out toothpaste off the ground and sunflower seed shells. Yes, nasty.
We backpacked up in the Marble Mountains in Northern California and stayed for two nights. This shot is taken at Campbell Lake.
Since I had the time, I decided to see what other features my camera has besides auto and I got some pretty cool shots! I also thought these bushes were pretty cool. They were growing everywhere.
I got to hike down in one Chaco and one flip flop. That was loads of fun, let me tell you. I got a pretty nasty blister on the way up and it never went away. So the flip flop came in handy on the way down but I don't recommend backpacking with flip flops.

Me, Aaron, Aaron's brother Nate, and Aaron's Dad all ventured on this trip. This photo was taken at Cliff lake. It was gorgeous because of the cliffs and the glaciers melting into the lake. Anyone want to take a swim? When we weren't hiking, we did lots of fishing, lounging, eating and reading. It was very relaxing and Aaron's mom was nice enough to watch the kids while we went. Thanks, Jo Anne! We had a great time. We stopped at Carl's Junior on the way home to get back some of those calories we lost. Fast Food never tastes so good as it does after a backpacking trip.

2 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

I'm WAY impressed by your picture-taking abilities. You rock.

Emma said...

Looks like so much fun. We miss you guys! What a beautiful place to be.