Aaron's birthday was last week so we took a jaunt down to the Indiana State Fair. I brought my camera in hopes to do some mullet hunting, but I was strangely disappointed. I only saw two mullets the whole time and they weren't even picture worthy. Bummer. But, the night was not a total loss. We did get to try some roasted corn and homemade
corndogs, both of which were extremely fattening and delicious. We spent the last of our cash, a fortune I might add, on the big pink slide to appease the kids. We did not have enough money to try any of the variety of fried foods. Personally, I don't how a fried snickers could taste good. Maybe next year.

Meg and Destroy

Aaron and Search

The parade. Of tractors. Probably more than 50.

We spent all our cash. Nuts.

Yes, that's a corn on her head.
7 comments:
Okay so. The deep fried snickers . . .Spencer's mission comp came to visit us this weekend and they tried to re-create deep fried Mars bars. They were SUPER popular in New Zealand. So we tried it, too bad no one makes Mars bars anymore. However, we did try it with Snickers and Milky Ways. I have to admit, they were REALLY good. I was totally grossed out at first, but I was pleasantly surprised . . .how ironic that you had an encounter with that this weekend~
I can't believe we missed the fair this year. We have gone every year since we have lived here, even the first year without kids. Glad you had fun. You do have to try some of the fried candy bars. They are GOOD!
I'm still trying to figure out deep fried Pepsi???
I know... I read a description of how they do the pepsi but I've already forotten.
I've heard of the deep fried candy bars, but never the Pepsi! Sounds like a stomach ache waiting to happen!
Ok, so I figured out the deep fried pepsi. They deep fry the funnel cake batter with Pepsi instead of water. I guess it doesn't taste much different.
Weird about the whole fried Pepsi and funnel cakes. Mike likes both of them, but I am not sure fried!?
Post a Comment