Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Airplan Pet Peeves


So, we're flying home from Utah last week. Search and I are nestled into our window and middle seats and Destroy and Aaron are sitting in front of us. The seat next to me was still empty when down the aisle walks a lady who is about 65-70, somewhere in that range and sits down. She has very pretty unnaturally blond hair for her age and had obviously spent quite a bit of time lounging by the pool. Hence the leather skin. She sits down next to us and we are all minding our own business. After we are up in the air, seeing that I am very tired from the time change and lack of sleep during the week, I lean my head against Search car seat and attempt to doze. As I doze off I can hear Search open and close the plastic window shade. I hear him close it and cuddle with his blankie because he is also tired. A little while later, I don't know how long because I was asleep, leather lady pokes me on the shoulder. I look up at her and she asks me,


"Would you please open that window, I like to look out". I just stared at her. I thought maybe I didn't comprehend because I was still groggy but when I replayed it in my mind, I realized that, yes, she really had just asked me that. Wow. I was too stunned to know what to do so I just opened it. I couldn't believe that she woke me up. And I couldn't believe that she asked me to open the window because she can hardly see out anyways! Search threw a fit because he was tired and wanted it closed. So I closed it and went back to sleep without looking for a reaction from Barbie's Grandma. The gall of some people.

2 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Are you kidding? Duh.

One time we were at a tea house in England and this lady was totally having the time of her life (BY HERSELF). When her food came out she took pictures of it, no joke. She was sitting next to us and I think she thought we were British b/c she took a pic of Spencer eating and then asked me to take a picture of her and her "cute little plate of food". I think I must've had the same look on my face as you did on the airplane. Are people just totally wacky or what?!?!?!

The Jonas Family said...

That is awful and so annoying!