Thursday, August 2, 2007

What a Corny Kid!

As many of you know, my children have a prejudice against vegetables. If there is a green speck of anything in anything they won't touch it. I'm convinced that green candy would be their last choice as well. Search isn't quite as bad as Destroy who won't even eat food that is on the same plate as a vegetable (thank goodness for multivitamins!). So you can imagine my surprise when a couple of months ago while we were visiting my in-laws, Search decided that he wanted to try some corn on the cob. I was even more surprised when he decided that he liked it and devoured the whole thing.

So now we have corn quite often so that I can gaze at my child with corn all over his face and think to myself how happy I am that we've had a vegetable breakthrough! Who knows, maybe there will be more in the future!

3 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

I feel your pain. Eating is a sore subject at our house (Spencer included . . .)

Madsen Family said...

Cut picture! He is so grown up. The closest Jake gets to a veggie is staring at them in the grocery store screaming NO when I pick them up. Kenzie on the other hand will eat anything we put in front of her....we'll see how long that lasts!

todd & nicole said...

We just discovered green beans for Hailee last night. She likes them really long so she can just pick them up and eat them. Cute pictures.