Sunday, October 21, 2007

Eat My Wake!

Search and Destroy are half-way through their 8 weeks of swimming lessons. They have them once a week and they are in different classes. Destroy has his own class and Search and I do a class together. It's been kind of hard on Destroy because they won't allow parents in the pool room. But, with a little bribery (I know, I can't believe that I'm bribing my child to go swimming, either), he has done well. And Search too.
I force Search under the water a little more than he would like, but he hasn't died yet.
He loves floating around by himself because he knows I won't subject him to submersion.
Search can touch the bottom when he jumps in!
Destroy is gradually learning to paddle around by himself, but has a hard time keeping himself horizontal rather than vertical.
Search and Destroy like to play this fun game in the locker room where they lock each other in the lockers and won't let the other out until they are literally screaming to have to door opened. Well, as Destroy was exiting one of the lockers, he accidentally caught his nose on the edge and ripped it a little. So it was bleeding pretty good right before his lesson started. I was trying not to laugh as I consoled him, because he had just, well, caught his nose on a locker, but he was fine. Anyway, he had to tell everyone about it. The lifeguard, his teacher, kids, parents, who ever would listen. Destroy thinks everyone is his friend and does not hesitate to talk to whom ever he wants. I actually pity people sometimes. Here he is telling his entire class before he got in the water.

3 comments:

Wing and Alli said...

Supermom - I've decided that's your new name . . . swimming lessons?, homemade stockings?, exercising?, feeding your kids healthy food? . . . You are too good to be true. Let's be friends :) Maybe you'll rub off on me.

aisha said...

Looks like they're having lots of swimming fun!

Indoor lessons are the way to go. We had always done them outside, in the summer. Always a recipe for a headache for me as I'm sitting there with the one child who isn't in a class, trying to keep him/her busy until class is over.

The Dixon Family said...

Ha ha. The locker story is classic!