Some of my favorite lines the last few days:
Mom: "Search, please don't hit your brother."
Search hits his brother.
Mom: "Ok, Search, time-out". I pick him up and take him to his room.
Search: "I'm going to put you on a time-out".
Mom: "You can't, I'm the Mommy."
Search: "Yes I can. I'm the Search (insert real name here)!"
On the way home from the store Destroy was having a tantrum.
Mom: "Change your attitude, Destroy, or you're not watching a movie today."
A few more minutes of whimpering, then the whining stops.
Destroy: "Mom! My attitude is gone!"
My mom and I went to Target the other day to buy stuff to organize the boys' art stuff. Apparently Search heard the word "organize". So the whole way home we heard, "organize, organize, organize" varying in pitch and intensity from the back seat. It made me think about what a strange word it is, especially when he made it into a song and wouldn't stop singing it.
Destroy has recently become enamoured with "Little Einsteins". It's a cute little show that teaches a variety of things. Included are musical terms such as staccato, diminuendo, allegro, etc. I noticed Destroy doing the pee pee dance while watching one of the videos and told him I would help him go to the bathroom really quick so he could get back to his movie. While we are zipping him up he says, "Hurry up, Mom or I'll miss the crescendo!"
Does your child ever use homemade words? I wish I would have written them down, but Destroy makes up words all the time. He has recently added a substitute word for "stupid", which he is not allowed to say, to his vocabulary. It's sounds something like, "stukedadie". Yes, among others are "chutty", "tash tash", "pencinal", and "go go". Nancy, do you remember any others? I am able to figure out what some of them mean, but others I think he uses just to perplex me.
Kate's 10th Birthday
9 years ago
6 comments:
"tash tash" and "go go" are the only ones I remember. Dragonfly still makes stuff up, but I can't think of any right now.
FYI: obnoxious neighbors are moving out of your old apartment tonight! :)
Ellee's just started saying a couple of things...like "what's that?" Well, it sounds more like "whazzat" while she points to everything around the room. It's so fun to see them learning to talk. I'm excited for her to start saying even more things. I liked the story about how Destroy's attitude left. Cute!
I was just thinking of this very subject today cause Maggie calls her flip flops "flip POPS". The things they say are SO FUNNY!!
I love hearing all the things your boys come up with. Kids are just so darn cute. What did we laugh about before they came along.
I like "my attitude is gone"- that is so cute!
Your boys are so funny! Libby still calls chocolate "chock-lick" and whenever I make my private reserve of microwave popcorn [extra movie theatre butter-off limits to the general household population] Julia asks me if it's the Secret Pop [versus Pop Secret]. Very perceptive on her part! Collin calls his preschool-size backpack his "pack-pack" [I think actually that all 4 of them used that moniker] and has a quirky habit of always having to wave at himself at the security monitor at the Target entrance. If we miss it for some reason, we must go back so that he can wave hello to Collin.
Post a Comment