Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Talks and Callings

In our ward I have been the primary pianist since the day I got here. The very first sunday we were here they asked if I played piano and I was immediately taken into primary. I don't mind because it's probably my favorite calling that I've done so far in my church calling career. I never have to practice and all I do is show up and play. Plus, the kids are so cute and fun.
Then a couple of months ago I was asked to teach a lesson in Young Womens as a guest speaker. Sure, I said! So I am preparing a lesson on Developing Talents.
Two weeks ago the bishop called me into his office and asked me to speak in sacrament. The same sunday that I'm teaching in YW (this sunday). Sure, I said! Too bad it's a different topic. He also gave me another calling.
Aaron is in the elder's quorum presidency and Destroy gave his first talk in primary last week.

Any guesses on my new calling? What are your callings?

7 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Two weeks ago I got released from the YW presidency and put into the RS presidency. Gees. Don't I get like a two week vacation or something???

And I bet you're new calling is Beehive Advisor . . .or maybe Enrichment committee. Hmm, am I even close?

Brooke said...

I'm going to say Primary teacher. I actually just got my visiting teaching assignment and don't have a calling here yet. They said to enjoy my free time for now--so, I'm a little nervous. But, if you'll check out my blog--you'll see, we've been busy with church stuff lately!

aisha said...

Hmmm. If it's a second calling, it would have to be something that doesn't take place during Primary. Cub scout den leader? Activity day leader? I can't even think of anything else. Come on, we're waiting with bated breath!

In our shrinking ward, you're not considered an active member unless you hold at least two callings. Owen is YM pres, Varsity leader [scouts], and a zone leader for the Emergency Prep Program. As I have no talents to recommend me for anything more interesting, I am nursery leader and Scout Committee Chair.

And don't even get me started on when they put me in the Primary presidency right after Collin was born. I had an emergency c-section, another major surgery to save my life after that, and had spent a total of nearly 3 weeks in the hospital! I was still trying to figure out when I could handle going back to being the chorister again! Sigh.

Madsen Family said...

Definitely something fun with the youth, or primary!
My calling isn't so bad. Every other month I teach the 14/15 yr. olds in Sunday School. Since Mike is the Elders Quorum President, the Bishop said I could have a break and do something easy for a while!!

Carl and Amber said...

My first thought would be in the Young Women's...but my official guess is Ward Choir Director! Good luck with all those talks!

M said...

I'm also going with beehive advisor. I'm secretary for the RS presidency.

The Jonas Family said...

Another calling!?! So you are still going to be in the primary playing the piano along with something else... what? Are you going to tell me before Sunday??? I am anxious to find out. And I am anxious to hear you in church speak! The YW are great to teach as well!