Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Week of the Unmade Bed

So, Aaron has been working nights for the last two weeks from 6 pm-7 am. He has been on OB/GYN and he was required to get 10 baby deliveries in those two weeks. He got all ten and the last few deliveries he did all on his own! I told him that maybe he could deliver our next baby but he said he'd rather play Dad than Doctor. I'm not arguing. I'd rather have him looking at my blood vessel broken face than other places anyway. So between my sleeping and night and Aaron sleeping a good chunk of the day in our bed, it hasn't been made once until this weekend. That's two weeks of messy bed. On top of that, Destroy has been sick and sleeping in our bed during the day when Aaron isn't in there. He's been sleeping a lot this week, and now even though he isn't sick, he still wants to take naps! And he still goes to bed at 7:30! Keep it up! Right. Poor little guy was so sick that he fell asleep out on the lawn while Aaron and I were planting new grass. And he even fell asleep on the windowsill. Comfy.

When we were feeling up to it, we played school. My in-laws gave us these great step stools that can easily be converted into school desks. Destroy is very good at playing bossy teacher and Search is great at listening. They are very intent on cutting. We even put name tags on the desks.We also made fall crafts. I love the JoAnn dollar section. They sell a craft in a bag for a buck. We tried at first to use glue sticks but that wasn't working. So, I had to bust out the glue gun. Even though the GLUE-GUN sounded like a lot of fun to the boys, after burning themselves, I pretty much finished them myself because they were too afraid of the glue gun. But, I burned myself too. And if you look closely you'll notice that the scarecrows were burned too because they are crying. Or maybe that's just glue that dripped. And I had to get a patriotic shot with the fireworks behind them.

The only way I could get them to take this picture was to let the scarecrows stand on their heads.While Destroy slept his life away this week, Search and I ventured into some cooking projects. We made yummy potato soup and homemade wheat bread. Unfortunately we had some expired yeast because it wouldn't rise and even after it was cooked it was the size of the bread they serve at Outback and about as dense and a tree. But, surprisingly, it still tasted good. Or maybe that's just what Aaron said so that I didn't feel like the afternoon spent in the kitchen was a total waste of time. Do you think Search had fun? I came back into the kitchen after a few minutes and found him grabbing handfuls of flour and dumping onto the counter. The kid has a thing for flour. He's spilled it on the floor more than once. I didn't get a picture of it though because I didn't want him to think it was funny. This picture is just of him helping me.

6 comments:

Gardener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gardener said...

We want to come over and play "school". Dragonfly is still set on Indiana and when I ask why, he says matter of factly, "Destroy is there". Dragonfly has also been sick this week, along with the rest of complex.

Nicki said...

What's gotten into you Megan? Cooking in your clean kitchen... with your kids??

Megan said...

Search loves it. I hate it, but I do it for him. Also just to stop him whining about wanting to cook with me.

todd & nicole said...

I love your stories and adventures with your boys. So cute.

Anonymous said...

What a busy life! I feel busy if I let Britt help me make his strawberry milk! What a fun time you had cleaning up the flour huh? I love the crafts too, we need to get a JoAnn's here!