Sunday, November 4, 2007

Darth Vader's First Prayer

The boys fight almost every night over who gets to say the dinner prayer and the bedtime prayer. Some nights we let them each say a prayer and other times they like to "help" each other, one repeating what the other has said like we do to them. And we all know that Destroy has a bit of obsession with Darth Vader. Hence the cake, the costume and the new little Darth Vader figurine that Search got him for his birthday.

So last night Destroy volunteered to say the bedtime prayer under the stipulation that he "help" Darth Vader to say it too. I realize now that we probably should have said no at the get go, but we are trying to make saying prayers fun and interesting. And we really just wanted them to go to bed. Well, at least it's blogable material, right?

So he begins, "Ok, Darth Vader, say 'Dear Heavenly Father'". Then in a much lower, mechanically enhanced voice he speaks for Darth Vader, "DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER,"

Destroy goes on, "Thank you for dinner". In his Darth Vader voice, "THANK YOU FOR DINNER."
Apparently Destroy noticed that his mother and father were visible shaking with laughter at this point and decided to stop. He informed us that he was just going to say it by himself now. So that's all we got out of Darth Vader last night and I was kind of bummed. Maybe there is still hope for Darth Vader's exaltation yet with Destroy's help. And see? He's already mastering those missionary skills!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

SO funny! You wonder where kids come from sometimes, huh? I can totally picture them now with the deep voice.

Miracle Gro said...

ROTFLOL!!! That was awesome. Your kid will be a bigger star wars geek than me.

Bekah said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. WE have a prayer chart and they still fight about who says it. G wants to say it all the time.

Bekah said...

that was supposed to be a little we not WE

Madsen Family said...

That is the funniest thing. I was totally LOL. I love little voices when they say prayers. We miss you guys!

M said...

I laughed so loud that Phil came over to see what for. That is the cutest thing.

Lizzie. said...

Megan thanks for writing to me. It's so great to see your kids they are so cute. I can't believe how different everyone's lives are. It's amazing! I will have to keep checking your blog! Thanks for finding me.

aisha said...

I'm still chuckling. Destroy is really amazing at keeping things interesting around your house!

And yes, I am still alive. Just been insanely busy for the past couple of weeks. But thanks for the pulse check! I'm hoping to get back to blogging soon. Maybe when I get a chance to breathe again!

Oh, and congrats on your new calling! Cubs should be a lot of fun.