I was so excited the other night as I turned out the porch light that as I glanced out the door, I noticed that it was snowing! I even caught myself smiling (to myself because hubby was MIA). It is (usually) so peaceful and quiet when it snows. I basically grew up on the ski hill so I really missed it while we lived in Cali. Since having kids we've only been able to go skiing once or twice a year. But, seeing as how there is next to no skiing here, I guess I'll satisfy my craving on the sledding hill instead. That is, if we can
find a hill around here!
The next morning I was like a little kid on Christmas. I got up
before my kids and tiptoed around so that I could look outside before they trampled the pretty white covering. My blogging instincts took over and somehow forced me to take pictures even though it was still dark and I was still sleepy.

When Destroy woke up I waited for him to notice. I grew impatient and finally suggested that he look outside. He walks over to the window, gasps, and says, "It's Christmas!". Snow, Christmas, they're
synonymous to him. Must be all those Christmas songs.

Even though Destroy had school in the morning, they insisted that they be able to play in the snow before school. I was easily persuaded because I was just as excited as they were. So they quickly ate their breakfast and after only 10 rushed
minutes of putting on tiny hats, gloves, mittens, socks, boots, sweaters, pants, jackets, they were ready to go. Their dump trucks and diggers work great in snow as well as dirt!
Search's favorite thing to do was to flatten the snow with the steam roller then sit and eat it.


I had a hard time getting them inside the house once they started playing so we were late to school. Now the snow has lost it's
appeal for them, but that's
OK because it's mostly melted anyways. By the time it comes again, it will be like re-introducing a lost toy. Yay for snow!
3 comments:
Absolutely beautiful. It looks like you live in cabin country. We are loving the snow as well, except that we tend to get cabin fever and have watched more TV/movies than normal because of boredom.
Hailee loves the snow too. She was really annoyed this weekend when the good snow didn't come until Saturday evening when it was too cold to play in it and then the next day was Sunday. Luckily for her it lasted until today and we will have plenty of snow to play in.
How fun to play in the snow! I'm thinking we'll drive up to the mountains one of these days and have a snow day. Last year Owen and Bailey brought snow back in a cooler from the mountains after one of their scout campouts, so we had a neighborhood snowball fight in the culdesac. And one of our other neighbors always brings back snow when they go and use it to make a mini snowman in the front yard. Ah, those California Christmases!
Post a Comment