I have been thinking lately about all of the different nicknames that I've had throughout my life. I feel pretty competent that I could not be outdone in the large number of nicknames that I have. Care to compete?
Megan - mostly people I have just met or people who I don't know extremely well.
Meg - super close friends, family, Aaron
Megalina - What my Grandma, Amoo, calls me
Monkey Maida, Sweeta Potata, the list goes on - names from my mom.
NutMeg - high school name
Megera- college name
Meggiemads - a friend from Irvine
Megatron - name growing up. Actually, I think that's what my brother's friends called me.
Smeg - Aisha and Beth
Megs - name growing up
Meggie - Mom, Dad, Brooke
Meggie Loo - that would be Brookie Cookie :)
Meggie-Poo - brother Jake
Megster - Jake again
Slayer - (maiden name Layer) high school boyfriend. So endearing.
Meegan, MegHan - telemarketers who are about to be hung up on.
I won't tell you Aaron's other nicknames for me :) JUST KIDDING!
I think that's about it!
Kate's 10th Birthday
9 years ago
7 comments:
I'm SOOO glad Meggie and Meggie Loo made the list! I would have had to protest if they didn't. :) I didn't know about all of them though. I'm trying to think if Brandon, Don and James had one for you...it seems like they gave them out freely...I just found James' wedding announcement pic the other day. So many memories in Glenwood...
I'm sure they did. Brandon actually kind of reminds me of Saywer on LOST with his nickname habits. Fun times!
Nutmeg and Meggiemads are my favorites.
That's a whole lot of nicknames! I've never really had any. Unless you count the time when a little girl I was babysitting thought my name was Eyeshadow. Seriously.
And didn't we also call your cat Sliz?
Yes, I think so! SLiz. That's funny. And I thought of a couple more. My Dad has always called me "Tax Deduction". Seriously. He can't really call me that anymore. There was another one that I though of but I can't remember it now.
Oh I remember now. Aaron calls me Wife (pronounced WeeFay) quite often. A little funny. But I always know that he's in a good mood when he calls me that :) He's rarely in a bad mood though, so I get it a lot.
And one more. When Jenny was learning to talk she called me Au May (she couldn't say Aunt Meg. So she pronounced it AHH MAY). Jake was Uh Jay. So we still use those names for each other sometimes :)
Maybe I should start a new nickname for you. "M" :)
Post a Comment