Friday, August 22, 2008

Our super-trip



Our month long trip Included:

A week long family reunion with the Madsens in Heber, Utah. We hiked, went on the Alpine Slides, shopped at the Park City outlets, swam, played in the hot tub and enjoyed family!

A few days in Chico at Aaron's parent's house. Our BFF's from So Cal drove up to meet us and hang out for a week. We went swimming, park hopping and boating.

A week in Oregon with my parents. Nancy and her kids came and we drove up to Sunriver. We did lots of biking, swimming, and playing.

A week at Aspen Grove, UT for a family reunion. We played some paintball, did some rock climbing, game playing, chatting and we ditched the kids while they went and did their own activities with their groups. Best of all, my brother got home safely from Iraq and surprised us all at Aspen Grove!

The best part of the vacation for me was getting to see family, our good friends from Irvine, and mostly not having to cook for an entire month. But, it's nice to be home and able to relax. We're getting geared up to start preschool here in a couple of weeks. 4 hours a day, 3 days a week. Both kids. I can't wait.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Wow! What a trip. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Hey, I saw Bekah Palmer yesterday and she reminded me that you're from Oregon. We've looked at jobs there and DH actually has an informal invite to come see Bend. So any advice or tips? We've both never been there.

Cary Cottrell said...

Holy cow! I thought OUR vacations were going to be crazy and hectic! It was nothing compared to yours! I'm glad you enjoyed it and you didn't have to cook for a whole month (but now you have a home-made recipe book that gives you cool new recipes right??!) haha. Well, looks like things are going well...

P.S. Do you have something that you need to tell me??! Something that supposedly happened after our reunion ??! :)

The Jonas Family said...

What a trip! Looks like you had a lot of summer fun with family. How much of it did Aaron get to join you?

Today Brandon asked if Wes and Jeremy could fly over and play? What do you think? We miss you.

I would love to chat with you. And you are always welcome to come visit. We are not to snobbish out in snobville. :)

Nicki said...

Wow, what a fun trip! I've been wondering what happened to you! Sounds like you had a great time!

Brooke said...

My goodness! What a fun summer trip! I'm so glad you got to see so much of your family and friends. Sounds like a blast. And, I am SO happy your brother made it home safely from Iraq! What a fun surprise that must have been. The boys are as cute as ever. I can't imagine what it'll be like for you to have a few hours to yourself while they're at pre-school. How fun! Enjoy!