Indiana is breath-taking this time of year because of all the trees changing colors. We decided to get one last camping trip in before it gets too cold and before a new baby. We headed down to Brown County state park known for it's beauty this time of year and -gasp- hills!
We (well, the boys) rode ponies.
We got to drive on the -gasp- hills and see the trees from the top!
I can't help but crack up every time I see this picture. It looks fake! It's hilarious.
We played in leaves. For a long, long time.
And gave leafy hugs.
And jumped in leafy piles.
And made leaf angels, the dryer and warmer kind of snow angels. And itchier too.
We played at the playground. For a long, long time.
And somehow managed to get a cute family picture.
Camped here on a nice bed of leaves. It made our camping trip really clean and soft! The falling leaves sounded like rain.
We ate french toast for breakfast, like we do every time we camp. Oh, and next time hopefully I'll remember the butter and syrup because driving to the nearest gas station for replacements if a wee bit spendy!
We hung out by the fire for a long, long time. That is, after we were able to get the fire started with awful wood. That took a long, long time.
3 comments:
I wish we were able to do more camping. I'm sure my kids would love it just as much as yours. I love all the pictures you took...it's so gorgeous out there!
So cute ... what a great family memory. DH always suggests camping, but I'm either preggo or with a newborn and I nix the idea. We need a mattress and a real tent, then I'll be happy to go :)
Nice blog! Looks like you had fun camping. Brown County is nice this time of year. Where are all the colorful trees though?
Post a Comment