Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just have to share!

I love fall because I LOVE SOUPS! So I made this tonight for dinner:

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup in Crock Pot

1/2 c uncooked wild rice, rinsed
1/2 c shredded carrot
3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth (don't run out and buy some if you don't have any... I always use vegetable broth)
1 lb chicken breasts or tenderloins, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped onion
1 c sour cream
1/2 c flour

Stir together all ingredients except sour cream and flour in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken and rice are tender. Just before serving, stir sour cream and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Increase setting to high and stir in sour cream/flour mixture STIRRING CONSTANTLY (I got side-tracked and ended up having to squish little clumps of flour before serving because I didn't stir constantly). Cook 6-10 minutes more. I served this soup with Anne's roll recipe and the kids loved to dip them!

3 comments:

Julia said...

I'm totally making that ... sounds yummy!

The Jonas Family said...

I will have to try it too, plus the rolls look yummy!

I just got an awesome honey whole wheat recipe from a friend and I have made rolls out of it too.

Madsen Family said...

Thanks for posting this, I was looking for something for dinner tonight and this sounds great! And yes, I am feeling much better now that I know it's out of me. No, we didn't tell the kids where we were going, but it wouldn't have mattered because they don't really know what Disney World is anyway!