Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bossy kid and Airplane Hair

Remember back in grade school when there was always a bossy kid or two in your class? Well, the bossy kid these days happens to be my very own charming 5 year old. I know he's bossy with his little brother at home, but I didn't realize what a boss he is at school until I went to volunteer in his class the other day. Some of the other kids were telling me that Destroy "thinks he's the boss around here". It amazes me that he even has friends!
On thursday we got a note home from his teacher, a note for misbehavior. Not the first, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Here's what it said:
"(Destroy) wants to run the class. He told us what he wanted to do and would not do what was said by the teacher."
We got to have a long chat that night about who is actually the boss at home and who is the real boss at school. He wasn't too responsive and gets very defensive and quiet (a big feat for him) when we try to talk to him about his misbehavior. Let's hope that this, uh, confidence, I'll call it, turns into a healthy, positive type of leadership someday.
The other day while brushing his teeth before school, Search told me that he has "airplane hair".
I can see why he calls it that. The wings that his hair creates really do seem to pick up and take flight some days.
Speaking of hair... does anyone have a solution for static? I have major static hair going on these days and it's driving me nuts!

3 comments:

Bri!!! said...

Rub a dryer sheet on your hair and it will take care of it.

Madsen Family said...

Yes, I was also going to say a dryer sheet. We use them on Kenzie's hair.

DD said...

I love Searches hair!! I don't know what it is about the long hair on little boys but I love it...it's probably because I love watching it bounce and blow around when they run and then seeing what they look like in the morning. Ty is quite the boss too, I'll let you know if I find a cure. Hairspray works in my hair as well as drier sheets. I usually just mist my head with hairspray and then gently calm down the frizz and try not to touch it. The dryer sheet sounds like a good idea too-I'll have to try it.