December was a busy month for us! Search and Destroy participated in their preschool Christmas program. I wasn't able to get any video on the little camera though because I was using the
actual video camera and Aaron wasn't there to help.
Search's class dressed up as reindeer and sang about Rudolph. The funny thing about their performance was that Search was the only one that sang. His teacher put him in front of the microphone and the kids on either side of him in hopes that he would motivate them to sing. But mostly the kids just watched him as he sang his little heart out into the mic. Even though he's got the rhythm and pitch down, the kid doesn't
pronunciate his words. So you really couldn't understand much of what he was saying. It was pretty funny.

The happy Rudolph. His teacher let them keep their costumes and he is still obsessed with those antlers.

And the tail. A tail pinned on a shirt opens up a whole new world of possibilities in a child's eyes. This shirt serves as a costume for all kinds of animals!
Destroy's class sang a few songs too. They sounded so cute. He was also part of the "worship team" where some of the kids did some dances. I have no idea what the worship team is though, I guess I should ask.

See, here he is
gettin' down! Literally :)

We had fun decorating the tree. My mom buys each one of us new ornaments every year and I have all the ornaments that I was given or made from growing up, so our tree sags under the weight of the ornaments. Would you like a tree with those ornaments?

And of course, just to please me, because no one else cares, the kids got new Christmas church clothes this year. I love
Kohls.

If you're goofy and you know it, do thumbs up!


We spent Christmas eve with two families, the
Rupps and the
Pearces. We got to partake of some yummy fondue, the
Rupp's Christmas eve tradition, and the kids put on the nativity. Well, actually they just fought over who got to be the donkey and who got to be Joseph. Oh wait, maybe that was just Search. Since Mikaela was the only girl, Mary was reserved. See? There's that reindeer shirt, serving as the donkey.

I believe my kids are suffering from what I call "holiday confusion". For their Christmas presents this year I went the day after Halloween and bought a whole bunch of costumes on clearance. They LOVE dressing up and using their imaginations, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity. I spent 30-40 bucks for about 10 costumes. But, I think they're confusing Christmas and Halloween. But, maybe not, because it's Halloween everyday at our house.
Knight vs. cow. Sorry, cow, I think you're out of luck.

Search calls himself the "flying cow". Aaron's parents got him these cool bat wings that retract with strings and then pop out like a parachute when you pull a string. He loves them.

Red Power Ranger and Batman on the plasma car.

Watch out for
Spidey!

Green T-Rex's putting together the pirate
legos that Santa brought Destroy. But, these costumes have also been green rhinos and lizards.

Roar... you can still be fierce even when you're this cute!

December flew by... and now onto 2009! Whew!
3 comments:
So CUTE!! I love the reindeer and flying cow. Happy New Year to you and your family!!!
You are brilliant! I hope you know I steal all of your ideas. buying up costumes after Halloween to use for your costume box- amazing! You seriously have the cutest boys. I love their new church outfits
I especially love the thumbs up picture. Too cute!
Post a Comment