Redding, California! We'll be minutes from this:
We're SOOOOO excited to be done with all the school, training and moving all around... and to start a retirement fund. That will be nice :) I'm especially excited to be moving close to family and not having to take a plane flight whenever we want to see them.
Aaron interviewed at 4 different jobs and was offered a spot at each one so this was NOT an easy decision to make. Each place seemed to offer something the others did not, and of course there were drawbacks to each place as well. As Grandpa Layer always says, "No place has it all!". And it's so true. We felt though, that in the end, Redding was the best option (the others were Sacramento, Roseburg, OR and Eugene, OR). Aaron and I have driven through Redding countless times in our lives but had never considered it as somewhere to live until the last couple of times we drove through it. Now that it's a reality we are super excited! It's in a beautiful valley (110,000 people) and surrounded by gorgeous areas, lakes and mountains and lots of family! Redding here we come!
6 comments:
oh my!!!! How amazing! YOu guys have done it! You finished, you're headed somehwere to start your life! Congratulations! I am so happy for you, and I just can't even believe that could have been us being done in 6 months!
Merry Christmas, by the way, and thanks for the great card. Yours is still coming- eventually!
Congratulations on Redding, CA! You will love it there! I have passed through there a couple of times, as well as camped there with my family. It is a beautiful place. Good luck to Aaron and your family on your move and new adventure in CA! I am sure you are glad you rented and did not buy and try and have to sell a house in Indiana!
Congratulations! Appears as though you made a good choice! California's a great place to live, as you know!
Wow. You guys are actually done. With everything. I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous. We still have 9 1/2 more years until we're done. Sigh.
wow, redding i too have driven through lots, but not looked around much, maybe we'll have to come visit and see it! congrats. how awesome to be done with school and on too the real world!!
Yay! We love Shasta! My family used to rent houseboats and stay on the lake. I bet your boys would love that someday!
Post a Comment