
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cabin! My rockstar mom offered to watch the kids while Aaron and I went and stayed in a sweet cabin for two nights/three days in Sunriver, OR. Isn't she awesome! It was so much fun! It was the first time since we had kids that we have been able to get away and have some of our own time. It was just like another honeymoon! The first day we went skiing at Mt. Bachelor. The snow was pretty good for March but when it started raining we decided it was time to leave. When we got back to the cabin we soaked in the hot tub that was exclusively ours. The next day we pretty much just watched movies, read, slept, worked out and did all the things that we can't do with the kids running around. We went out to dinner that night at Boondocks. The last day we drove up to Bend and hiked a bluff in the middle of town and tried to name all the surrounding mountains, and since we are considering moving there one day, tried to figure out where we might live. We called my mom as we were leaving to come back home and she sounded a bit frazzled. Wes had just pulled out all the tissues from a tissue box and screamed as loud as he could in Jeremy's ear while my mom was changing Jeremy's diaper. I guess it was time to come home! The only bad thing was that the vacation could have been a few days longer.
1 comment:
I laughed outloud when I read about Wes screaming in Jeremy's ear. I know it's not really funny, but....pretty funny now that it is over. The cabin looks sweet...does your mom want to fly to Paris and watch Noelle while I go to the cabin?
Post a Comment