So, Rena inspired this story. Last week I gave the boys overdue haircuts. We set up barbershop on the back deck with the little stools, clippers and motivating treats. We always do Destroy first because he is a rock star hair-cutter and sets the good example for his younger brother who isn't quite so keen on the clippers vibrating against his skull.
After numerous reminders for the 3-year-old to keep still, Wes's haircut is done. It actually looks good! So next up is Search. He plops down in the chair determined to earn his ice cream. He shrieks as I put the clippers up to his head and turns away suddenly. Haircutting tip #1: always check the clippers before you use them. Yes, folks, there was no guard on them. While previously using the scissors on Destroy's hair, Search sneakily took the guard off the clippers. So now with a huge buzz mark on the back of his head I look up just in time to see Destroy pick up the missing guard just to drop it between the boards of the deck. Lost forever with other items and who knows what else lives under there. So, I put on the next guard and coax Search back onto the stool. He still freaks out so I decide to try my luck with the scissors. Aaron is intermittently feeding him bites of ice cream to keep him seated.
"What is this thing for, Mommy?" Destroy asks as he holds the lever of the clippers over the cement walkway. Before I can even reply, he drops the clippers to the ground smashing the second guard. Haircutting tip #2: never let a toddler play with the clippers. So now the only guards left are the largest and the ear guards. Needless to say, Search runs around with a very lop-sided and incomplete haircut. I'd rather not go through the trauma again, thanks.
Haircutting tip #3: Always take the kids to a professional.
Kate's 10th Birthday
9 years ago
5 comments:
Where are the pictures???
I know... I should take some once in a while.
HA! That is a great story. It reminds me of all those free haircuts I gave at Whitney Hall. It also reminds me that I need a haircut Meg. Do you think you could come over and give me one? Please!
I thought you just got your haircut? Well, I guess when it's super short you have to get them much more frequently, huh!
I love reading your blog. It is always so fun.
Post a Comment