Monday, February 18, 2008

Go Away Please.

This week our house if full of unwelcomed guests.

Coughing Chester arrived first. He was followed by Sally Snot. They have both outstayed their welcome. Although, they were never welcome in the first place. Frank Fever came later arm in arm with Charlie Chills. Alice Achey-Body wasn't far behind. Felix Flem has made his appearance and Pulled-rib-muscle Paul suddenly appeared one day with no warning, weeks after Coughing Chester. Through all of this Grouchy Greg continues to stay with no hint of leaving until the others do. And of course, to top it off, good ole Aunt Flo is here for her very regular visit. They seem to prefer different family members at different times (except for Aunt Flo of course) but they are always here.

Here is a poem I have composed for them.

Please, Please go away.
You have outlasted your stay.

We never wanted you here,
When you leave, I'll shed not a tear.

Please, please go away,
It's time to be on your way.

7 comments:

The Jonas Family said...

I like it - the names and poem! Let us know when you are feeling better so we can get together to play. This Friday I am hosting the play group for scrubmates. The evite will be sent out soon.

The Dixon Family said...

Wow. You DO need to get out.


*Kidding. Pretty creative, though.

Madsen Family said...

Wow, hope you guys all get better soon! We will be thinking about you. Spring will be here soon!

Anonymous said...

I love it! At least all those people visiting didn't stunt your creativity. :)

Gardener said...

These uninvited guests are visiting our house as well!

Brooke said...

So funny! I love the poem. You should put that to music or something. :)

Julia said...

Your visitors must have cousins. Because they are here at my house. Just typing this is sapping all my energy :)