2. Search has gone to bed at 4 pm the last two Saturdays in a row, and hasn't woken up until 6:30 am. The word I'm looking for... oh yes. Heaven.
3. Monday night for Family Night we had a lesson about the pre-earthly life. We struggled through it thinking that neither kid had gained anything out of it amongst their fighting and innatention. But, in the closing prayer Destroy proved us wrong. "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for people, Miss Carly (his cute 20-year-old preschool teacher who he has a little crush on), books... and Spiderman." He then proceeded to mention everything we had talked about in the lesson. The parents were dumb-founded, open-mouthed, staring at each other during the prayer. Destroy was smothered in hugs after that.
4. A few weeks ago this guy came into our house and announced that he wanted to start a garden. It took me a few minutes to realize that this guy was my husband. Those of you that know Aaron know that he isn't a handy guy and that he really doesn't like doing projects around the house. In my mind I was thinking, "Is it still April fools day?" and, "OK, which gun is he trying to weasel his way into this time". All said and done, we have planted tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, peas and green beans. We plan to do pumpkins, corn and... well I think that's it. He knows more than I do so you can ask him.
6. Last week Destroy gave a talk in church. It was a total of 12 lines and I promised him that if he could memorize them, we would make cookies after church. He colored the visuals, cut them out, and glued them on sturdy paper. He even wrote letters on the back of the pages to help him remember the first word of every line. He did a great job even though he needed a few prompts! And, of course, he makes the bribery known to all the teachers in there by announcing right after he sits down from his talk that he now gets to make cookies with him mom after church.
7. Search has become a lover of starfall. It's a great website for readers of all ages. Search sticks to the alphabet letters but he can maneuver around the website easily now. Destroy likes the beginning reading stuff that they have. This website comes in really handy during dinner to keep them occupied. Thanks Nicole for the recommendation!
8. I'm so lucky to have Poison Sumac (they don't have Poison Oak out here). I think I got it while dumping our yard waste out into the forest behind our house. I guess it serves me right for dumping our weeds out there :) Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was Poison Sumac until I had been scratching the crap out of it all day. It's so much fun now that it's spread all over my arms and legs. Lucky, lucky me.
10. If you've read this far, I'll finish boring you now. Right now.
3 comments:
Megan, those are some good stories. I loved the one about FHE. I constantly wonder if my kids are getting ANYTHING out of it--they have not said anything in prayers.
Sorry about the posion sumac- I had that once, it wasn't fun.
I was never one who got into gardening, but D really wanted to do it a few years ago and made a little patch (looks a lot like yours). It has actually been really fun to eat our own squash, tomatoes, and have our very own pumpkin at Halloween! Good luck.
It was fun to read those stories! I like misc., just lets us know what you are up to! Good for Aaron to do the garden, we have been talking about it forever but nothing yet. mike seems to always be golfing.....
have you found a car yet??
Uh, no. No car. The Volvo works fine now after we paid the shop $150 to clean the battery terminals off. Wow.
Post a Comment