Wow, freshman year of college was a LIFETIME ago. I was one of the lucky kids who wasn't quite smart enough to go to fall semester at the Y unless I went for summer term too. So, I did. I was so scared to go because I didn't know anyone and I didn't know any of the roommates that I would be stuck with. Well, summer term was when I met Brooke and Mica. It was the most fun that I ever had in one semester at the Y. The three of us are still good friends to this day... we're just spread across the country!
So, I actually don't have any pictures from our first summer semester because they are all put together in a cute little scrapbook. And I didn't feel like scanning the entire thing. So here are a few from sophomore year when we lived in the Glenhole. I mean the Glenwood, sorry.
Girls take pictures of the dumbest things. Like our feet. But, we had good reason... they are all different colors! This was the summer that I was a lifeguard at Seven Peaks so I was as brown as I'll ever be in my life. Brooke is well, probably the same as she'll always be :) She's in the middle. Mica is on the left, the nice natural olive colored feet. Brooke and I were always jealous.
Brooke, our roommate Alyssa, and me.
Ahhh... the road trips. This one was up to Brandon's house in Idaho. Doesn't he look thrilled to have us? He's the tall guy. Well, I had fun anyways, especially when I fell off a horse after he got his foot stuck in barbed wire. Brandon wasn't too happy with me about that. Don is on the right. What ever happened to that guy? Or Brandon for that matter?
Going to Brooke's house in Snowflake. Remember the wild horse standing in the middle of the highway on the scary Indian Reservation, Brooke?
Like I said, girls take pictures of the strangest things. But, I'm glad we did because now I have something funny to post about.
Me, Jaden (sp?) and Brooke. The lucky little fellow is Brooke's nephew.
Ah, this was fun. I think we had a ward talent show, and it just so happened that Alyssa was a fantastic dancer and choreographer. So, she put together a pretty good song mix including "I Like Big Butts (where we naturally stuffed our behinds with pillows and shook it), the love song from The Little Mermaid and that one song where two women are fighting over some guy. What was that song again? That was the part Brooke and I got to do. Brooke has always been fabulous at lip-syncing. Here we are doing the country song part of the mix. What were the other songs on there, Brooke? Why didn't we TAPE IT? We performed it with the guys that we hung out with: James, Brandon, Zach (well, Alyssa still hangs out with him every now and then :), Don and Mike (right?)
Brooke and I fighting over our guy. Were we fighting over James?
We probably got all gussied up to go to the grocery store. Don't worry,Brooke, I cropped it above your showing midriff.
Another road trip to Southern Utah with Scott, Mike and Bryce. Sheesh, Mica and I are scandalous. Good thing you have sleeves on, Brooke. Hey, isn't that my shirt?
Ben & Jerry's: our source of sanity (and the freshman 15:). We were freaking out to see a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Shop in a mall in Vegas.
She is no longer Brooke Jones, but Brooke Hinckley!
Mica, Brooke and I went to get pedicures right before her big day. My mom, Destroy (who was 15 months old) and I flew out for her wedding.
The BEAUTIFUL bride. I loved getting to come to your wedding!
The last picture we had together (No, that sounded bad. She didn't die :). We were out in Utah for spring break during Aaron's first year of med school. Destroy was 3-4 months old and Brooke had just gotten home from her mission in Missouri, right? I guess we didn't get any pictures together last time I saw you right after Ellee was born, huh?
3 comments:
Thanks so much for your post on Brooke! This is her Mom. We are reading blogs together and yours is great. I never knew that you girls went to Vegas? Is there a story about a little wedding chapel involved? Us moms are always the last to know! Your family is really fun to watch growing up. Who knew you wild college girls would end up sweet little moms! I did! Thanks again for being such a good friend to Brooke!
Oh Meggie! You're so sweet! Thank you for so many FUN, silly memories! I must have the doubles to most of those pictures or else we all took the exact same picture. :) Now I'm going to have to re-examine what pictures of you I blog for your birthday... Hmmm...that could be scary! Just teasing. Thank you for the sweet birthday wish. I SOOO wish we lived closer!!! Why don't we!?!? I miss you!
Post a Comment