Thursday, May 29, 2008

Taggage Baggage

Nicole tagged me FOREVER ago. I'll try to think up new answers this time.

5 Things people don't usually know about you:

1. I love playing any sport but I hate watching them. Even my favorites like volleyball and skiing. The only sports I do like watching are gymnastics, dance or ice skating. Not sure why that is.

2. This one if for you, Julia. I am a phonophobic. What is this??? It is a fear of the telephone. Well, not of the actual phone, but of talking on it and especially answering it or making calls on it. This is why I have a stack of phone numbers of Moms and kids we've met at parks, swimming lessons and preschool that are stashed away in the kitchen drawer. It's not that I don't want to hang out with these people, I just have a fear of picking up the phone to call them. But when these moms force their phone numbers written on little scraps of paper upon me, I start feeling a little nervous and agitated. So, I put them with all the others that have been accumulated. So, to all of you out-of-towners, now you know why I don't call you. And also why I love blogging so much.
3. I have some kind of muffin allergy. This one is very strange and I am never able to explain it in a way that actually describes what is really going on. Confusing, sorry. Here's some history. I remember specifically the first time it happened. I was in junior high. I had eaten a muffin at church and I started to feel a bit strange. Suddenly, strange thoughts entered my head and the organs in my stomach felt like they were all expanding and rising. It was almost like memories were placed in my head that were not mine. Like I was having an out-of-body experience mixed with hallucination. To this day, I cannot eat a muffin without having this weird and uncomfortable sensation come upon me. It's too bad for me that I really like the taste of muffins.

4. Most people have a fear of heights, small spaces or airplanes. I have fears such as the telephone and getting in car accidents. I am terrified of getting in a car accident which makes me a paranoid driver when I'm driving, and a backseat driver when I'm not. I pity my poor husband. The last at-fault accident I got in was 8 years ago (and my last ticket as well). It (along with all other accidents I've been in) was so traumatic that it still serves as the source of fear to make me paranoid today. You know the metal part between the front and rear door on the outside? Well, it got so smashed that it did this to me:

Remember this roomies? I was taken to the hospital in the ambulance because they thought I had broken my hip. Funny thing is, that when I got in this car wreck, I was actually on my way to check out a new car. Ha ha. Oh, and Mica and I also found out one of the few ways to get Brooke out of the house without make-up. Just a simple call from the paramedics to come down to the hospital will do the trick. Thanks to phobialist.com, I now know that I have dystychiphobia (a fear of accidents) as well as phonophobia. So there it is.

5. Excluding grocery shopping, I pretty much return half of what I buy. This is especially true for clothes. Marlo, remember when we used to wear clothes with tags on just for this reason? Lucky for me, the Target I go to will take almost anything back. Opened, used, whatever. It's the only Target I've ever been to that isn't anal about returning things. Like milk, Jordan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bruise Meg. I remember that and I also remember you were a crazy driver before that too! Sorry, but it's true. Also, how do you get blogger reader or whatever so you can just see when people post? I think I want to do that but don't know how.

Brooke said...

I can't believe that accident was 8 years ago! Crazy! And...for the record...you know I love you when I just bolt out the door without looking in the mirror! :) I think that was the one and only time I've been in public without an ounce of make-up on. How pathetic is that!? It must be something I got from my mom! And, the phone numbers you have accumulated made me laugh! At least you get numbers! That means people like you and want to hang out again. Me? No one asks... :)

The Jonas Family said...

WOW, I learned a few more things about you that I did not know, especially your phobias. Wish I was around longer to play with you. We will have to keep in touch. I will give you my number and you can stick it in your drawer with all of the other numbers. And if I don't hear from you I will know why, or I will call you! You are always welcome to visit in Arizona, anytime even summer!

Marlo said...

Um, I still have that tag problem and Jamieson teases me relentlessly about. I just can't help. I return everything. My new trick is to buy something, then buy it when it goes on sale or clearance and return the first one. This saves me loads of money.