As you have probably noticed, my blogging posts have been dwindling. I'd like to take this opportunity to attribute my lack of posts to my callings at church (which, believe it or not, I'm not complaining about). We are in an inner-city ward with few members capable of maintaining leadership positions. So, lucky for the few of us, we get to pick up all the slack.
I was first called as primary pianist. Which I have always loved. I show up, I play, I go home. Then I was called as Cubmaster. Which, I am learning to love. Don't get me wrong, I love doing all the activities, but I still feel inadequate for the position. I knew nothing about cub scouts before I got called and I still feel like I don't know that much. A couple of months ago, as a third calling, I was called as first counselor in the primary. It wasn't a shock because I knew it was coming and I was prepared for it. So now I find myself juggling cub scout pack meetings and activities, planning for sharing time and filling in for sunbeams. I'm still playing the piano in primary which poses a problem when I am supposed to be doing presidency-related things.
But, coming from a ward in Cali where callings were invented to make everyone feel included due to the high volume of educated and brilliant people, I feel needed here. And I'm loving it. Well, for now. Ask me a few months from now and I'm sure I'll give you a different answer!
Kate's 10th Birthday
9 years ago
6 comments:
Wat to go. Keep up the good work!
I was just about to say the same thing. Have you had to give a talk in the ward yet? I don't remember. As far as now, you shouldn't have to give a talk. I hope you don't get too stretched thin. Do they ever plan on releasing you from one of your callings? How is the Primary by the way? Tell everyone hello from me.
So far we have been in our new ward for 3 Sundays and Mike has been able to attend all. But the next two Sundays he works! The first Sunday I filled out a form of info and have been visited by the RS Pres. I am off of VT this month, but next month I will be on the list. I wonder what calling I will have next! And I am sure I will have to give a talk soon! I hate giving talks though!
Oh yes, I had to give a talk the first month that we were there. The same sunday that I was a "guest speaker" in YW. Love it!
hey! Actually, our ward isn't so much less needy than yours is, as we used to think... I have 3 callings too.. makes life fun, I guess, in a different kind of way!
We missed seeing you at the EM picnic today, but I did meet the girl who contacted you on your blog. They actually moved into our ward. We're going out of town for a couple weeeks, but should get together in august sometime! It's been awhile.
Whew! It is so easy to sit back and not have to do much, but deep down I know that it isn't good to not have much responsibility in the church. Good luck keeping the balance!
UM, how do you DO all that? you are amazing! YW is enough for me, but i love it. you are so great to have such a good attitude about it. we are excited to see you on friday!
Post a Comment