Better late than never, huh? This year my mom bought the kids some cute 4
th of July
paraphernalia when she was out here a couple of weeks ago. They each got a USA hat, a pair of very patriotic shorts and a white wife-beater. My mom found some fabric markers so that that could decorate their own shirts. They were very into the idea. Sounds like a tradition in the making! See those little American flags that they are holding? They only got to play with them for a few minutes before they were taken away. American flags should not be used as weapons.


Destroy is very into phonetic spelling. His shirt says, "God
bles Umeriku.
Hape 4
th uv Jooly". Love it. Dang that English language. I don't correct him because a) it's so cute to see his version of spelling, and b) it breaks my heart to have to correct him when his phonetic spelling is actually way more correct than the actual spelling.
We spent the evening with quasi-family, the closest thing to family that we have out here. My
sister-in-law's brother lives out here and invited us over. They have an awesome backyard with a pool and a
playset. Destroy loved their basement with all their
girly toys and big screen TV. Search fell asleep on the stairs around 10 while were able to enjoy their neighbors extravagant fireworks show. When I say extravagant, I mean the guy must have dropped a couple thousand bucks on fireworks.
4 comments:
fun! those are cute shirts, very creative. they look great!
I was loving the shorts more, until I saw the back of the wife beater shirts! That is so cute that you added your own personal touch to it!
The only fireworks we saw and did were snaps for the kids! There was a little bit of a thunderstorm, lightening and rain storm with wind. Kind of like a mini storm that you get in Indiana. I guess monsoon season is July to August. We made it just in time! It is usually so dry and so hot here in Arizona I don't think they even allow much fireworks. There have been fires just like the ones in CA.
What a great idea with the shirts! And, I wouldn't have the heart to correct his spelling either. So cute!
Sure enjoyed your June recap...The shirts are a great idea. Sweet about the phonetic spelling ...
Post a Comment