Saturday, September 20, 2008

The days...

...of the rubber-banded pants have arrived, my friends. I'm 12 weeks and I already have a bulging mid-section. What's happening? It was not like this with kid #1 and #2. In other pregnancy news, I'm feeling pretty good. I don't require 12 hours of sleep at night anymore and missing an afternoon nap every now and then is OK :) Raw meat disgusts me and I can't seem to enjoy any certain food more than once or twice. My cravings vary while the food aversions stay much the same. I go in for an ultrasound next week so that they can give me a "revised" due date based on the baby's measurements. The ultrasound picture on the previous post was taken by Aaron! Isn't that exciting? He snuck me into the closed off wing of the emergency room one morning and did a quick ultrasound. He doesn't know how to do measurements or anything but he was able to get the heart beat and we were able to see the baby kickin' around. We had to cut the ultrasound short (which is why we only have one picture) because a trauma was coming in that needed the machine. I decided to be nice and share.

Search and Destroy are convinced that we are having a girl. They think that just because a lot of their friends have been having baby sisters, that they will too. They are coming up with interesting names like "Veda" and "Sheesha" and "Ayla" and "Tinkerbell". Needless to say, they won't be naming this child. I have felt just the same with this baby as I did with #1 and #2, so I'm fairly sure it's a boy.

The kids haven't played outside for a few days. Even though the weather has been perfect they have been decidedly closed up in their playroom. Of course, today, because it was thundering and raining off and on, they chose it as the day to play outside. You know, the forbidden fruit. So we set up their tent where they fed their dinosaurs wild berries. Hopefully it was just the dinosaurs they were feeding!

And we spent a lot of time in the sandbox while it was raining and storming. It is covered after all :) The kids have gotten used to thunder storms out here and now they like a good storm. They think the thunder is "cool".
And Destroy might very well lose his two front teeth. But if he does, he won't be getting them back this Christmas, so don't sing the song. We were at the church this morning practicing for the primary program (which is tomorrow) and he got a little rough with some of the other kids while waiting for the parents to clean up. He ran to me wailing and bleeding trying to tell me what had happened between sobs . We checked his teeth, they were loose and his gums were pretty bloody. They look much better now so we are hopeful that he didn't damage the nerves. Because if so he'll have no teeth or gray teeth. Not sure which one is better.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Megan, congrats on baby #3! I really hope it's a girl! One thing I miss about the midwest is the thunderstorms... they are "cool"! I wish we had them out here in Cali!

Cary Cottrell said...

haha oh my gosh! So much news! All I have say is that you better have a girl. If not, it'll be 3 out of 3 and that won't give me a good change of having a girl. And, it's been rainy here too, but not like the east! I pretty much miss those thunderstorms where you could be home and in your pj's just watching the news. Good ol' days. Enjoy them! You'll miss it.

The Dixon Family said...

That makes me laugh about Destroy's teeth. I can't tell you how many kids I know that are his age that are missing teeth. It's more common than you would think . . .


And sorry about the pants. I got that way quickly with baby #2. Ugh.

Julia said...

I think I was wearing maternity clothes by 12 weeks with this one (#4) so I guess it just gets better and better with time!

But I'm with you on the food thing. Oatmeal with milk and bananas is the only food I crave with regularity. And chocolate really disgusts me. So my family has been dealing with a decided absence of baked goods that used to be around a lot :)

The Jonas Family said...

Can't wait to hear if you will have a girl or boy again! So, do you not get sick? IF so you are lucky! Although I think I was more sick with a boy. I am worried with a third about getting bigger too, and how long it will take to lose the weight after.

Fun to see your boys! Take care.

The Jonas Family said...

BTW, Brandon bumped his front tooth once and it was a little loose, but not bad at all at a point to lose it, but it did turn a little slight gray and then it went back to normal.