Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's TRIP

Are you jealous yet?

My mom is the best. Have I ever mentioned that? She's out here visiting and gladly offered to watch the boys for a couple of days while Aaron and I took off for a little valentine's excursion.

So we went 2 hours south to Louisville. But if you're from around here it's pronounced Loo-voule (just rhyme that last part with bowl). We left on thursday and got back on saturday.

And of course I forgot my camera.

On friday we slept in. That's right, no little alarm clocks running in at 7 am, we got to sleep until, well, I don't really remember. I just know that we got up when we felt like it. We went to a breakfast buffet and then we went to the range. That's right folks, the GUN range! If we had remembered our camera, right here would be posted a picture of me, pregnant, in a bright pink maternity sweater, aiming Aaron's new AR15 (a beefy looking big black gun that the army uses) at an old destroyed bowling pin propped on top of a mutilated mini-fridge. We had so much fun, and even Baby D was jumping with excitement. Oh, wait, maybe that was from the shooting. Yes, that must have been it. We took four guns, including the AR15 which Aaron built himself and we shot at targets and whatever else we could find out there. I also shot the pistol just to refresh myself in case we ever have an intruder. I just hope we don't because I'm a horrible shot. But, at least I'll scare him off :)

On Saturday we went to the temple! Can you think of a better way to spent a day with your sweetheart than in the C room? We were able to do a session and then we met up with the youth from our ward who were on a temple trip and helped out with the baptisms. It was a great day.

We came home to two happy little boys hanging with Nana. They had so much fun with her. She took them to IHOP and bought them new legos. And that's all they've been doing for the last two days. They love legos.

6 comments:

Emily Wing said...

How fun! Ryan and I also were able to get the grandparents to babysit and took our own adventure. Ryan would be so jealous of the guns your trip involved.

stacey said...

so fun! no wonder you two look so great on sunday! is your mom staying until the baby?

Nicki said...

MAKE A CAR SEAT COVER?? BY MYSELF?? WITHOUT YOU TO HOLD MY HAND?? You have WAY too much confidence in me!!

Gardener said...

Lucky! We had our gate-away for the day planned, but we don't have tire chains, so no gate-away for us today. Unless we can find some, we won't be going for a few weeks.

Gardener said...

edit: that should say, get-away. I am just too angry. The cosmos (or God- take your pick) are against us!

Lacey said...

definetly jealous, and what a great time before the baby comes, but is your mom coming back when the baby comes!