BABY'S ROOM = DONE.

Somehow the crib bedding that my mom and I made before Destroy was born has lasted pretty dang well. Little did I know at the time I made them that I could have done blue or green instead of neutral! Well, I still think they're cute and calming for baby.

We found a lovely little changing table on
craigslist which I made a pad and two covers for. I just had to make another basket liner for the shelf to complete the ensemble. I had saved all the baskets and liners that match the crib bedding from the first changing table we had.
RANDOM SEWING PROJECT = DONE.

It's a diaper-changing pad-pocket-thingy. I haven't been able to try it out yet (no baby to try it out on) but I'll let you know when I do.

I made one for my sis-in-law too. I think hers turned out cuter.

I put some of that clear
wipe-able plastic on the
inside to catch all the blow-out excess. Yum.
Remember the hideous wall-paper border in the master bedroom? The border was all things beach and other manner of sea-related items.
And it was ripped too. So I convinced our landlord to let me change it, and he paid for it. I still don't like wall-paper in the least, but this looks MUCH better. My mom and I did that project too while she was here.

BABY BLESSING OUTFIT = DONE.

Dodge's is the one on the closest end. I used the same pattern as I did for
Search's (middle). It turned out pretty cute! I'm just hoping it will fit him because we won't be blessing him until July. My mom has helped me make all three of these little outfits. We also did one for my nephew born in Jan.
DECORATING GUEST ROOM = DONE.

My mom is really good at decorating... while I stink. So, when she came out we went to
TJ Maxx Homegoods (love that store) and
Marshalls and came up with this. Cute, huh?
GIFTS FOR OTHER MOMS WITH NEW BABIES = DONE.
I still have a couple more to do, but I'm getting there. Check, check!
Recurring theme: my mom helps me with everything! I love her to death. She and my dad are coming out for the baby's birth for a week, and then my mom will stay for another week or so. She's the best! I told them to bring their gardening gloves because our yard is seriously suffering from lack of care on my part. But, just thinking of getting on my hands and knees right now makes me tired.
12 comments:
You've been busy!! I don't know what we would do without our mothers. I love the diaper bag you made, it's adorable!
this is sooo cute! i can't wait to meet the new baby!!! haha how sad do you think the boys will be when you finally give the baby a REAL name?
Holy moly- you have been busy! I love how all of your projects turned out- so cute!
Megan! You are so stinkin' talented!! I wish I could just whip things up like you can! It'd come in very handy and then I wouldn't have to scour the internet trying to find cute things for a reasonable price!
Hey! I'm a new mom... and that bag is ADORABLE!! If you're up to it, can I purchase one from you??
ummm, hello i just saw that bag and I LOVE IT!! it turned out the CUTEST! i can't wait for saturday to get it. awesome!!
Holy nesting instinct! You go, girl!
Wow you have been so busy. I love the things you have been making, where do you get your cute fabric and cute patterns. I want to make a diaper bag like the bag you made.
I have been considering making my own changing pad. I just can't seem to remember to buy the plastic. My next sewing project will be the baby robeez-type shoes.
Good job on everything! I wish I had your talent, plus mom! Looks like you are about all ready for this baby to come! Are your other boys just as excited as you are?
OH MY GOSH!!! You are amazing. I can't believe all of the cute projects you have done. Wow. You are such a great seamstress. And your guest room looks darling. I am so impressed with how productive you are. I love the blessing outfit...so cute! Good job Meg.
I didn't know you were such a seamstress! Very impressive, all that redecorating and only a year left?!?! ANd, I cannot believe that on your garage--- that's horrible!
You have been sewing like crazy girl! It is so nice to see that you are still creating. You are so talented. Taking me back to Verano and the Mormon Botique.
Post a Comment