Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Dodge

I realize that little Baby B has hardly any mention in the last few posts. So, here's one devoted to him.


He enjoys mowing the lawn with Dad. Dad is a good sport about it even though he feels like wearing the baby Bjorn takes away his manhood.

He's grown up a lot (don't they all?!) and his little cheeks have filled out.


In fact, it's a little deceiving because people say what a cute little chubby guy he is, when really, it's only his face. But it's cute non the less. He was about a month old here.




Have I mentioned what a joy it is to have the germs from two preschoolers and an emergency room doctor floating around in the house? The combination of the two resulted in Baby Dodge getting two colds and pink eye in the first month of his life. Welcome to the world little guy.


And then of course he got this NASTY rash called sub-areahha (sp?). It felt scaly like a lizard and his skin was producing a ton of oil so there was oil collecting behind his ears, in his ears, under his nostrils, everywhere. It was disgusting. But, now the rash is gone so I have my cute baby back.


He love his changing table. So much that he often falls asleep on it. I used to call it the torture table when he was a newborn because he'd scream when we changed him. But now he likes it.



He also still loves his brothers. Most of the time.





But he loves the milk truck even better. At least for now!
















Aren't they cute? And you can definitely tell they are brothers!









He is smiling and talking up a storm. It's the cutest thing in the world.











His daddy gets him to smile the most.











Baby B got to go on his fist hike. He did pretty well until he got sick of being in the little pack. Then I just had to carry him. While he cried.













Our precious little guy.













You can tell by the angle who took this picture. Destroy is very interested in the camera lately.



If you look back through the pictures, you'll notice that his head is ALWAYS turned to his right. I've heard that in the womb the fetus sometimes favors turning it's head to a side, therefore stretching the tendons on that side and not the other. That's definitely the case with this kid. I've tried everything but his head is getting flatter and flatter on that side. It's bad. And I can't get him to lay on the other side.



AND, he has an umbilical hernia. I pointed out to Aaron a few weeks ago that Dodge had a serious outy. No, he said it was an umbilical hernia - very common in babies. It's basically his intestines coming through the muscle because the hole hasn't closed yet. The weird thing is That you can FEEL and HEAR his food passing through it. And you can push it back in. It's strange. Sometimes I think I hear him filling his britches but they I realize that it's just his hernia. It should slowly close up, but if it doesn't, he'll need surgery when he's two.


We love the little guy and we've decided that he's a keeper. Even though he cries way too much for a third child and still has nights every so often (like last night) where he likes to be awake for 3 hours between the hours of 2 and 5 am. Nights where I want to bash my head into the wall. But the other nights where he doesn't wake up until 5 make up for it. And his smiles and cuddles and sneezes. Aren't baby sneezes the cutest? Those make up for it too. We're so glad to have him in our family and feel so blessed to have him.

8 comments:

Madsen Family said...

oh he is really the cutest thing ever! i love the pics of him and his brothers. so precious! we miss you guys! we hope to see you this summer but we still don't know what's going on with schedules, etc. crazy things are happening at mike's work so we have to wait a few weeks to see. talk to you soon!

Julia said...

He's so cute! I love all the pictures. Little C had a umb. hernia. His has closed quite a bit, but you can still get the tip of a pinky finger in the opening. The doctor hasn't mentioned the need for surgery though (he's 3). And the night waking from 2 to 5 ... that was Honey. I've wondered if has to do with their time of birth, you know setting the clock? Who knows. But he stopped doing it around 2 months.

Brooke said...

What a cute little rascal! He fits right in with his brothers! :) Good luck on the sleeping thing. It's tricky. I finally had Emelyn doing pretty well and then Elliott's parents were here for 5 days and now we're starting over with the sleep training. Kind of frustrating--oh well.

Stephanie Madsen said...

you seriously make such entertaining blog posts =) they seriously make my day and they definitely make stephen laugh. I was even laughing out loud when I saw his "serious outie" haha...just the way you described it... hilarious and kinda craaazy you can hear food pass through!!!!!!!!!!! It's also crazy about his head turned always to the right. I scrolled back up through all the pictures and you were right!!! craazy! haha. he is a cutie!

Emily Wing said...

He is absolutely adorable!!! I can't believe how big he is already. Have fun snuggling and loving on him and hope to see you soon! (hopefully with a baby boy of my own!!)

stacey said...

oh he is sooo cute. you have such cute boys. sorry about the bad nights, i know exactly how you feel. i LOVED the milk truch comment. haven't heard that one before.

the Pearce Place said...

Great post! These things are important to document! I love the trampoline, hooray for craigslist! I love our goodreads communication :)

Danielle said...

what a beautiful boy! So smiley and sweet.

Um..you could try swaddling him snuggly and then rolling a blanket and propping it under him so he'll lay on the other side.