1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I totally love wrapping gifts. In fact I think my mom even paid me to wrap gifts when I was kid. I could wrap a present like nobody's business when I was really young. So, definitely wrapping paper.
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Real! I love the smell. Although vacuuming up the dead pine needles and remembering to refill the water isn't my favorite. But it's worth it!
3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Seeing as this is the first year that we've had a tree taller than my knee, I don't really know. But probably the first week in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? When most of the pine needles from the tree have ended up in the vacuum dust cup. It will mean that the tree is looking a bit naked and that Christmas is probably long gone.
5. Like egg nog? Yes! I remember drinking it with my Dad when I was young. We also knew this guy our freshman year who drank a gallon of it and immediately threw up afterwards. Somehow I still like the stuff after being present for that experience.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? We have 5 or 6. My mom has always been really into them and she's bought a couple for us. She probably has at least 30. When I my mom and I were going through our pottery phase when I was younger, we used to buy nativities unfinished and paint them. It was a lot of fun. Anyways, we have a beautiful Willow Tree one that my mother-in-law has been adding a piece to for me each Christmas. We've had it for four years and now that we have somewhere high enough to put it, we can display it! We also have a Little People one and one from when I was a kid that the kids can play with.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? My brain is mostly useless since having children, prohibiting me from remember basically anything before age 10. But I do remember this. I was really into American Girls as a kid. When I was 12 I got Molly the American Girl, the same Christmas that my cousin Beth who was 13 got a huge make-up kit. Since we were both at my Grandparent's house that Christmas, I remember feeling really immature and dumb that she was on to make-up and pre-teeness while all I got was some lame doll (but even lamer that I really wanted the lame doll). This was the turning point for me that maybe it was time to give up the dolls. Then a few years later in high school when I was on ski team, my mom bought Molly's ski outfit. Skis, poles, downhill suit (the tight spandex things), goggles, you name it. I didn't even know that I still had the doll until that Christmas when she surprised me with it. Molly still skis on the shelf of my old room in my parents house to this day
8. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone but my kids. Aaron always wants something big and expensive that he has to wait to buy with his Christmas money. My parents and in-laws don't need anything. If they did, they'd go buy it themselves! So, I always give them something grand-kid related but I feel like I'm running out of ideas... As for Aaron, he's getting slippers this year. If anyone has any ideas, shoot them this way!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me? Just kidding. The kids.
10. Worst Christmas gift? Molly the American doll decked out in ski suit.
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Now this is a hard question. If I say mail, those of you planning an Christmas card email will think twice before sending it to me. If I say email, those of you sending a card in the mail will think that I'm sticking to my tree-hugging-Ashland roots and that I don't like paper wasters. Lucky for you, I would love to get either (and I'm not a tree-hugger)!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone, Elf, the Grinch.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December. We don't buy much for each other. We're so used to being poor students that even though we have slightly better means, we are still not in the habit of buying much.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. I don't think anyone would want Molly the American Girl.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? sugar cookies, gingerbread, lemon bars, butterscotch bars, truffles, pizza on Christmas eve, honey baked ham, Martinellies with Christmas morning breakfast. What a surprise. They are all very unhealthy. I'm hoping to reach my goal of looking like the Michelin Man someday.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas Song? I love "What Child is This", "O Holy Night" but not by Mariah Carey. "Up on the Housetop" and "Jingle Bells" are fun to sing with the kids. I also love the primary song "Mary's Lullaby".
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? This is the first Christmas that we won't be traveling. Aaron is working ICU this month and is even working on Christmas day. I thought about going to visit my parents right after Christmas but when I checked plane tickets a month ago they were almost $800 a piece. And with three of us needing seats(a whole lot of dough), I decided to stay.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Sure, after I check Wikipedia.
20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas day when Aaron gets home from work. The children might go insane having to wait all day but maybe I won't tell them it's Christmas. They won't be seeing wrapped presents until then anyways. So I'll just say that Santa came but he couldn't find the Christmas tree to put the presents under and somehow misplaced them onto the top shelf of Mommy's closet. Wow, that boardering child abuse.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The check-out lines at Target when you only have one thing. The kids constant runny noses, driving in the snow, seeing Valentines decorations already out in the stores.
Now you're it!
3 comments:
I love "O Holy Night" too--and add "not by Christina Aquilera" to that. She has a great voice--but I do not like her version of that song.
Thanks for the game, Megan! It was fun!
I think that we came up with a pretty cool gift idea this year for parents...it's a power jumpstarter--- portable car jumper (so you don't need another car to jump your battery), includes an air compressor for the tires, and a lot of them also serve as mini generators. Great when the power goes out or for camping! These things are great!
Post a Comment